Unlike many other collaborative robots that are intrinsically dangerous but operate in a collaborative mode, the PrecisePlace 100 Cartesian robot (PP100) is intrinsically safe and is designed to limit all collision forces all of the time. This permits users to safely access the robot’s active workspace while the robot is operating at full speed without requiring safety barriers. These barriers are expensive, consume a great deal of bench/floor space, obstruct access to equipment and reduce productivity. Furthermore, all control electronics, harnesses and power supplies are built into the PP100's structure, which results in an extremely compact device that saves space and set-up time.
- Embedded web server that permits the robot to be operated locally via a standard browser executed on a PC, a wireless tablet or remotely from anywhere in the world
- Gravity balanced free mode teaching that allows the robot to be taught by manually leading the end effector
- Absolute encoder servo motor control for quiet operation and motionless homing
- Kinematics for simplified programming
- A vision interface for advanced sensing